MUSINGS OF A MENTOR AT 65 YEARS
Godly Principles for Life and Ministry
What are these?
These 5 principles represent 17 years of
mission work in Africa, 38 years of
marriage, 40 plus years of ministry in
my 65 years of life.
Thanks for joining me to consider these
Bible based treasures.
A Christian’s Identity is in Jesus Christ
1) The conventional wisdom on our
2) The biblical standard for personal
identity – Philippians 3:3-11.
3) Implication of us in life and ministry
– How is the reality of Christ seen in us?
A Christian’s Maturity is in the Word of God
1) Recognizing our Source Authority –
2 Tim. 3:16-17.
2) Avoiding the 21st Century Substitutes.
3) Prioritizing the Word in Life & Ministry
A Christian’s Missionality is in Relationships
1. The Great Commission Implies
Relationships – Matt. 28:18-20.
2. Church Ministry Must Stress Relationships
1. With God
2. With People
A Christian’s Sanity is in Sanctified Common
1) A Recurring Core Question –
2) The Beauty of the Divine Partnership –
3) The Importance of Partnership in Life
A Christian’s Destiny is in a Glorious Future
1) The Forward-Looking Posture of the Believer
I Cor. 2:9 – Phil. 4:13-14
2) The Future Gives Strength through Our Stresses - Heb. 12:2
3) The Future at All Stages...Become Benchmarks of
a. Daily Holiness
b. Ministry Goals
c. Spiritual Progress in Our Children
d. Our Ultimate Future in Heaven